- on the one hand, to expose all students and teachers to the topic of “sustainable consumption and production” and have them reflect upon its various aspects (Waste Management, Deforestation and Soil Erosion, Air and Water Pollution, Harmful Chemical Substances and Sustainable Economy) with the aim of turning them all into more informed and more responsible consumers of our resources
- on the other hand, to introduce in the teaching, learning and assessing process more motivational activities through the use of modern technology – to enhance learning and motivation by using educational apps available in the online environment
The first aim was achieved throughout all the activities completed by students and teachers during the five transnational meetings, where all participants worked together and had meaningful interactions.
The second aim was achieved through the online publication of our interactive ebook “Educational Apps Enhancing Motivation”, which is a collection of student and teacher work done using the apps we have tested and reviewed in the two years of the project.
The Introduction gives an overview of the new teaching methods and online learning tools we have used, as well as reference to the information research and strategies we have employed.
The 4 body chapters offer details on all the apps we are introducing, with tutorials made by the students, examples of student work using the apps and illustrating the 5 project topics, as well as student and teacher feedback on the use of the apps in school:
- GAMING AND DISCOVERING WITH GUIDIGO
- ORGANIZING THE INFORMATION WITH PADLET
- SUBMITTING THE INFORMATION WITH MY SIMPLE SHOW, POWTOON, COREL VIDEOSTUDIO X10 AND GENIALLY
- GAME AND EVALUATION WITH PLICKERS OR KAHOOT
The work of the contributing students was highly appreciated and we hope that both teachers and students will continue to benefit from using these apps in the future in various circumstances.
Click the cover picture below to access the ebook:
Leave a Reply